Continental Underwriters, Inc. is looking for a Production Underwriter!
We are an intermediary and program administrator specializing in all aspects of forest products insurance. As one of the foremost solution providers of insurance for the forest products industry, our reach is nationwide. The Continental Underwriters’ team is focused on winning trust and growing future opportunities. Our motto is to always do things the right way, even if it’s not the easy way.
We are extremely proud of our friendly, team-oriented work environment and encourage superstars! If you are honest, positive, and motivated to grow professionally, we welcome you to join us. Our ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently along with promoting the success of our entire Continental Underwriters, Inc. team. We value the skills of setting priorities, organizing your work to succeed, recognizing important details, and a strong desire to grow. If this sounds like you, let’s talk about your future today.
The Production Underwriter will be responsible for the evaluation, selection, underwriting, and pricing of commercial accounts while managing a territory of independent agents to ensure that growth objectives for the company are met. The Production Underwriter will analyze agency profitability for their territory and use this analysis to develop individual agency and territory action plans to address profitability. Above all, the Production Underwriter will maintain a focus on providing superior service to our customers, and building and maintaining strong relationships with our insureds, retail agents, and carrier partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 1+ years of Property & Casualty underwriting experience preferred
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits & 401K with employer match
- Gym membership
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
If you are interested, you may send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org